When you click into this post, you may look for the exact timeline for your exchange application. However, timeline for application may vary from year to year. So please only take the timeline below as a reference and check the exact date on OAL website yourself.
The following timeline is based on OAL’s Outgoing Exchange Application and Policy Manual Summer 2019-20 & Regular Term-Time 2020-21, which can be found here
- Complete and submit an online application form through CUSIS
- Check the shortlist posted in CUSIS
- Shortlisted applicants who are required to attend the interview should:
- Select an interview session in CUSIS
- Check the official interview schedule on the OAL website
- Attend the interview. Remember to bring your SID and be on time! You do not need to wear formal clothes. You will be interviewed individually by a panel of three: one CUHK professor, one member of CUHK administrative staff, and one former exchange student.
You can seek recommendations from referees for exemption from the interview. To do so, you must ask two referees to complete the online recommendation form and make sure the forms are submitted to OAL by 28 October 2019.
- Check your composite score in the online application form through CUSIS.
- Finalize your program choices, update your online application form and upload your TOEFL/IELTS score report(s) to the online application form in CUSIS before 17 January 2020.
- Check the selection result in your online application form.
- If you are given an offer and you accept it, you should click the "Accept" button in your online application form through CUSIS, then submit a signed family support letter and completed student exchange nomination deposit form to OAL before the specified deadline.
- Then, you can follow the instructions form OAL or your host institution for application.